Saturday, December 29, 2007

You've Got the Look!

Poor Jan! She's eaten one too many of Alice's famous BBQ meatballs (or try 15 too many meatballs) at another holiday gathering, making her tummy hang out of her low-rise jeans like the Pillsbury Dough Boy! 

It doesn't help that she feels a breeze every time she bends over--she constantly must pull her shirt down in the back to cover things up! 

Oh, how Jan wishes for simpler times. Yes, the bell-bottom years were good to her, but what she really misses is her favorite pair of Jordache jeans from the 80s: baggy, yet tapered at the ankle, and way too short! If you were really lucky like Jan, you had a pinstripe pair. Check out this link and remember a simpler, high-waisted time: 

Jeans from the 80s

Do you remember your favorite pair of jeans? We know you do. We'd love to hear about them.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Well I was a bit too young for Jordache- but I remember Mom not buying the Target knockoffs for $18.99-- too expensive...now what do we pay for jeans?? "Premium Denim" my ass...

Of course couldn't afford Guess for $42 at Daytons and ruined a pair of a friend's getting off the bus in 7th grade- tripped, fell, scraped knee- awful

My favorites from my high school/college days (I kept one pair in my clothing time capsule) are the ankle zip high waisted but fitted Gap Jeans-- size 9/10!! I think I wear a 4-6 now...another evil genius trick of the fashion industry

Of course Marcia's a 2

Gail said...

Oh yes! The ankle-zipped jeans. Very flattering. I owned one pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans! I faithfully wore them until I graduated to a pair of Zena baggies!

Cool Gal said...

How about the pin striped Lee jeans with pleats? I loved those jeans. I wore them to Sadie Hawkins my sophomore year. Classic "mom" jeans worn by a 16 year old girl. The clothes were so ugly when we were growing up.